Monday, July 29, 2013

Keeping Track of Where Students Go


With the beginning of a new school year just around the corner, I thought I would share one of my classroom management tools. This is the system I use during the year to keep track of my students' whereabouts when they leave the classroom.  The clip system is a useful way for me to quickly identify which students are out and locate them without having to look around the room.  It is also a way for students to know when NOT to ask me about leaving the classroom. General rule of thumb, two children out at a time, unless there is an emergency.

What you don't see in the picture is the matching color-coded hallway passes that students wore around their neck so that the other adults in the building knew where they were going.

I'm still trying to figure out how to upload PDF files - once I do, I will share the images for the signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10