Friday, August 29, 2014

Morning Routine


This visual, step by step, easy to follow directions will teach your little ones what to do when they first come into the classroom each morning. What I like about using pocket charts for teaching routine is that you can teach the steps, one at a time. You can turn all the sentence strips around and as you introduce each step you turn it one by one. This helps the little ones focus on one step at a time. Notice how I kept the words simple so most of them can read, but also supported the visual readers with pictures on the sides.

You can do this whenever you teach a routine or procedure!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica! This is a great idea :) I think I might even do this for my 3rd graders. Anyway, miss you! Keep the blog going~~

    ReplyDelete

09 10