Thursday, August 8, 2013

Behavior Chart


I'm sure many of you have seen a behavior chart like this one or variations of this. This is the behavior chart that I use in my summer school.  Normally, I would have more clips (more students during the academic year) and more colors (more opportunities for students to fix their behavior), but this is the basic idea.

  • Every child has a clip with his or her name (or I like to assign numbers).
  • Children start on green at the beginning of every day.
  • They get one verbal warning before moving their clip from one color down to the next. Each color has a consequence, as seen in the key above.
Pretty simple - You can choose the colors, number of colors, consequences, etc. One thing I would do differently the next time I make a behavior chart like this one is to include some colors above the green. So instead of going down if you misbehave, you have a chance to go up if you make good choices. This way students will have a goal to consciously make choices that you will earn them a "star" student rank!

For those of you wondering what a "think sheet" is, I will post about that in my next entry. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10